Monday, March 14, 2011

And now for something completely different!

So, tonight I imagined the Strawman making off with the Grim Reaper's scythe, cackling like a gleeful child. And the Reaper chasing him, looking very put-out. Interestingly, the Reaper in my mind's eye is played by Grim from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (which I love).

This isn't too far-fetched when I think that the Strawman's backstory has something to do with cheating Death and stealing from him.

Now, if I can only work a bit of the wacky into my main villain, it would be awesome. But how to make something utterly chilling have a lighter side? I always have trouble balancing the serious and the silly. It's hard to have both at the same time.

I'm also wondering if I should incorporate some form of the Grim Reaper concept into my novel series as a character, or even a series of characters. A Reaper, or Reapers, for instance. I already have Sandmen and Boogeymen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...