Thursday, March 17, 2011

Busy, Dizzy, and Beaten by the Muse.

I've started into a second part-time job lately. I really like it, and it's utilizing a lot more of my skills. It's not in my field, but it's closer! I'm doing online advertising, and posting teasers for mymobilecars.com. It's a new business that's taking off, and it looks pretty slick so far.

Tuesday in the early morning I got horribly sick, so dizzy that every time I moved my head it felt as if it was caught in the spin cycle. First I couldn't leave the bathroom, then I couldn't leave the couch (except to go to the bathroom). I slept as much as I could, and hardly ate anything. Wednesday, I was finally able to eat, move around without much dizziness, and go to work. I worked six hours one job, and two hours of the other, so together they equaled an average workday.

Wednesday night, I got inspired to give the Strawman a pixie companion. Her personality came on almost immediately, and soon I'd thought up a name and style for her. I sketched and researched her look until 3 am! My muse was riding my back and beating me with one of those nasty little riding crops - but I loved every minute of it! (at least until Thursday morning when I had to go to work at 7am.)

So far that has been my week. No revision, but a lot of future planning, sketching, and recovery. My publishing research will be to read City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau. I love that kind of research!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...