Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cliffhangers?

One of my beta readers told me today that he thinks the ending of my story is going to 'make people mad'. The ending is a bit of a cliffhanger, I'll admit, but there isn't much I can do about it. The entire book is leading up to that point, and the only thing I can do is add on another chapter to lessen the blow. Perhaps a cushion is in order, but I'm really not sure.

Has anyone else had trouble with this? You feel as though you're done with an ending, you like it, and you get the inkling (or someone tells you) that readers might be disappointed. I'll have to think this over awhile. He just read the last bit today and met me with a big grin saying how very angry my readers will be that I'm leaving it like that. He even suggested I write the second book and publish that one first, keeping this book for a prequel to publish later!

It's a lot to take in tonight. I'll just let it simmer awhile, and consider it as I revise. I am going to publish this book. I just might have to add one more chapter so that I don't feel the wrath of rabid fans later on.

How should I handle this, do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...