This past week, I've been quite busy, and quite productive, but not with writing. I got all that finished over the weekend. Other things have called my attention this week, so I'm glad I finished in time for it all.
So *holds breath* I finished a semi-polished draft of my first novel! Yay! I'm excited, and yet I know there's still a lot to be done. I have to revise the bulk of text which hasn't been revised yet. Then I need to do up sketches for chapter header illustrations. Then I need to do ink versions of those illustrations. And inside the book there will be a few larger (full page or quarter page) illustrations. Finally, I will do a mockup of the layout to show how it should be printed.
I am taking a short break before I dive into the revisions and the illustrations. But it's going to be a lot of fun when I start. The little chapter headers are going to be a joy to draw, I think. Simple and fun little ink drawings.
Looking forward to keeping everyone posted on how this goes. I emailed Michelle Andelman again and she's said she'll help with titling the books after I send in the manuscript. I have a working title, but I'm not satisfied with it, or any I've come up with so far. I've done quite a lot myself, but the title is the cherry on top, so it has to sparkle!