Saturday, August 27, 2011

Introduction of Good Fridays


Technically, now it's Saturday, but I thought of a great way to celebrate my Fridays on this blog. It's with something I'm going to call Good Fridays. I'll write about something - one thing, maybe two - that really made me happy, or made my Friday especially good. Fridays to me are already good, but these are little nuggets that make them even better.

My Good Fridays thing this week is the movie "Little Black Book", starring Brittany Murphy. It came out in 2004 but I somehow missed it, until my Netflix suggested it recently. At first, I thought this movie was going to be your average, run-of-the-mill romantic comedy. Girl has guy, girl nearly loses guy, girl gets guy back and everyone says 'aww'. But it's not. And I'm glad.

In this movie, you see girl get insecure and start opening her eyes about her too-good-to-be-true boyfriend. She gets snoopy in his stuff on the pretense of her job - which is associate producer of a talk-show - and finds out she simply has to know about his old exes. And she does get to know about them, one by one. She discovers that the truth is a very difficult thing to face up to, and what she does with her knowledge might surprise you.

I loved the ending of this movie. I didn't think I would, but I did, and I thought it fit. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. (It may leave you wanting to listen to Carly Simon when it's over.)

And if you have any Good Fridays movies or tidbits to share, go ahead and post them in the comments. I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...