Friday, August 19, 2011

A New Day

With my very own internet account, which I'm no longer sharing with someone else, I'm cozying into my spot on the net once again. How I've missed it! And to celebrate my return, I've redesigned my blog. The background is from Madame M and the sideways mirror header was drawn by me (hence the initials).

This New Day, my brother is married with five children - and it all happened on the same day! (Yes, she already had five when she married him.) Also, I have a job which pays well, and uses my digital skills, along with advertising skills I never knew I had. I'm still hoping for the day when I can quit all jobs and focus on writing, but until then I have to pay the bills somehow!

This New Day, I am admiring a clean house, trying to organize myself, getting myself into better habits, and reading as much as I can. The books on my list now are Terry Pratchett's The Wee Free Men, A Hat Full of Sky, and Wintersmith. They're about a little witch named Tiffany Aching and her adventures with the Nac Mac Feegle, a band of very tiny, very blue, celtic faeries. You can't squash them, you can't poison them, you can't drown them... very well. And you certainly can't scare them.

I've read the first in that series - The Wee Free Men - and I've loved every minute of it. I thoroughly enjoy Pratchett's sense of humor, and wish I'd discovered this wonderful author earlier. After all, he's been churning out books for a very long time. I hope he keeps churning out more.

1 comment:

  1. Donelle, I love your sideways mirror's design, and am thrilled to see that you're back on the Net. I've missed your presence. Can't wait to see what you're writing, and what you've written.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...