Monday, October 24, 2011

Goodbye, My Pip

I found out through Facebook that a close online friend of mine died Saturday. At first I thought it was a joke, but after I'd read all the way back to Saturday I knew something was wrong. Every one of her Facebook friends had written on her wall. When I checked her Deviantart page, the comments were there also. I held on for awhile, hoping it was a joke. Then I finally let it sink in, and it was hard to swallow. I felt guilty. I felt if I had only prayed harder, done more. But there wasn't much I could do from the other side of the planet. I still don't even know what happened.

It feels unreal. Pip was a creative partner, a roleplay partner, and a friend. We built worlds together, we constructed characters, we talked about our goals, our hopes and dreams. She always had a light, optimistic attitude and a sense of humor that couldn't fail. Even if she was feeling sick, she stayed upbeat.

When I was a grouchy cow, she could placate me. She'd listen to me rant, she'd take my side. Her characters became my characters' better halves. She was sweet and she was funny. She was a designer, a dreamer, a believer in things that other people couldn't see. She was a believer in me.

She was only twenty-seven years old.

Autumn Birds by Pippa Jameson

I still can't believe that I won't talk to her anymore. I won't hear her stories, see her drawings, laugh at her silly comments. She never read my novel. She was waiting for it to be published. And now she'll never get to read it.

I wish I had gotten to meet her in person. I wish I had been able to say goodbye.

Today, I heard this song for the first time, and it feels like it was for Pip.

video

Goodbye Pippa Jameson. I will miss you very much, and I won't forget the creativity and warmth you shared with me.

Oct. 7, 1984 - Oct. 22, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...