Monday, November 21, 2011

Can Haz Thanksgiving?


Monday is a day to catch up on emails, read and comment on others' blogs, and generally get myself geared up for the week. This week, everyone's posting thankful blogs and running around like turkeys with their heads cut off. I myself should be posting car ads. (I hope my bosses aren't reading this.) But instead I was thinking of the last leg of this year, and getting hopeful and geared up about that.

I have no more Doctor Who episodes to watch until the Christmas special. I might wither away in my fangirling, but I can focus on my own writing and my own projects for awhile. So that's good.

Here are 11 things I'm thankful for this year:
1. That God always brings something good out of something bad.
2. That I have such a wonderful and supportive family.
3. That I have a job.
4. That I didn't continue doing Nanowrimo.
5. That I've started the second book in my Lividia series.
6. That I still have over a month to prepare for next year.
7. That I've learned how to query, and weathered through my first rejections.
8. That I've made some good writer friends - and will make more before the end of this year.
9. That I'm already building a fanbase. (yes, I know who you are, and I think you're wonderful.)
10. That I read and loved a new book series besides Harry Potter. (Hunger Games is one, the Tiffany Aching series is the other)
11. That they revived Doctor Who in 2005, and it's still going. (Geronimo!)

And some of the things I want for next year are:
1. To land an agent who really believes in my book and gets along with me splendidly.
2. For both of us to charm a publisher and get a publication date announced. (people have been waiting to hear about this, and I'd like to finally have something to tell them)
3. To decide whether or not to teach college.
4. To get a lot better at piano.
5. For Mr. Moffat to make River Song likable or else get rid of her. (I just had to throw that in there.)

Since my cat insists upon demanding attention every time I'm at the computer, I decided to make a lolcat of him. (after I gave him the satisfaction of playing with him, of course)


Beware. He still has all his claws.

What are you thankful for this year? What are you looking forward to for next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...