Sunday, December 4, 2011

If You've Got the Notion...

Mondays are usually very busy for me, so I'm dropping a quick entry tonight. I love December and all the potential it holds, and I'm revved up by all the energy in the air. Like I told a friend of mine, in small towns where it feels like just you and maybe ten other people, December shopping makes it seem like those ten people have multiplied by hundreds. And they're all out - on backroads, on highways, in the stores. Everywhere!

I've been feeling some pressure lately to get myself a blogging schedule, to improve my posts if there's something I'm missing that people want to read. I don't want to end up like those holiday shoppers - the ones who hyperventilate when the last popular toy is gone and they don't know if they can find another one by Christmas. I want to enjoy the season with my family and remember what's important. (And it's not all the presents.)

Blogging is supposed to be fun. And I am determined to make it fun again. So, what I want to know is, do you like this blog the way it is? Would you like to see something more from it? More book reviews, more writing information, more art posts? Now's the time for constructive criticism!

Here's some oldschool for you (and my song to blogging)

2 comments:

  1. I've considered asking the same question on my blog--I'm curious to know what, of all the things I blog about, people enjoy reading the most. But while it's important to write about things your readers care about, first and foremost *you* have to love what you write. What do you most enjoy writing about on your blog? As with novels, if you don't enjoy writing it, then you'll find it harder to motivate yourself to blog, and it'll show in your writing.

    Probably not the answer you wanted, but that's how I feel... and why I've yet to ask this question on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a perfectly fine answer. All blog writers really want is confirmation that someone's out there liking what you post. Sometimes just knowing you're out there helps too.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...