Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Inspired Tuesdays: Wintry Blog Brushes

Inspired Tuesdays are a weekly spot on my blog about the things that inspire me to create. As you might notice, I now have a very wintry-looking blog. Yay! My blog's look needed a revamp, so I turned it blue and black striped. Then I thought it needed something more (since it was already such a wintry shade of blue) so I found these wonderful snowflake brushes from Meldir on Deviantart. If any of you use Photoshop 7 or higher, definitely download these brushes! They rock!

I also improved my blog banner/header, removing the nasty white pixels around the edges, putting a nice blue stroke around it, and including my blog title. Now it's Tim-Burtonish and wintry!

I had a good Christmas. I taught Sunday School, picked up my Christmas treat bag, then went home to help make Christmas lunch. The rest of the day was spent with family and the gift that keeps on giving - a nasty headcold. I'm still stewing in the symptoms of that little 'gift', but spiffing up my blog makes me feel better. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas too!

5 comments:

  1. I love your new blog look! Kudos on your Photoshop skills. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Suze! They're good to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks so much for the feature! Your blog design looks lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those snowflakes are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Anja and Patsy! It was fun to make, and Anja your brushes are great!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...