Friday, January 27, 2012

10 Clues You're a Writer

I found this at Skye's blog Write or Die Trying, and she found them somewhere else, but I have to credit her. I love the things that keep popping up on her blog!

Here are the questions, with my answers. You can post yours in the comments or in your blog and link back. And definitely visit Skye's and link there too.

  1. You would rather talk to the voices in your head than the person sitting next to you. Well, with some people, yes. Though I'm awesome and nobody better ever prefer their cerebral tenants to me.
  2. You know the library's phone number, but not your work number. I have the library number saved in my smartphone. *sheepish*
  3. Some of the letters on your keyboard are completely worn off. Yes. I no longer have an 'L' and my 'M' isn't too far behind.
  4. You have a favorite pen that no one else can touch. I hoard ballpoint pens with blue ink. Specifically blue Bic Roundstick.
  5. Books are your favorite scent. Books. Smell. Awesome. Definitely one of my favorite scents - except when they're from the library and borrowed by a smoker.
  6. If you could meet anyone in the world, it would be your favorite author. Either that or Tim Burton. Or Gerald Brom. On second thought... he's kind of scary.
  7. You eat macaroni and cheese for a week because you spent all of your money at the bookstore. At the bookstore or art supply shop. I can't pass up an art supply sale.
  8. Your/you're errors drive you crazy. You're/your and there/their. Come on, people! It's not that hard!
  9. You named your laptop. Desktop. ...it's called the Ego Machine.
  10. You would rather write than go out. Write or read, game, draw. Yep. I'm a nesting geek, alright.

A fun fact about me and keyboards: I go through them fast because of all the chatting and writing I do (plus my online job where I correspond with my bosses through email). When I'm typing to someone I'm annoyed with, the sound of my typing gets louder and louder. My family has commented that they always know I'm disagreeing with someone online when I type furiously and strike my last key with a loud "clack!" That would be me, making my point, and often there's a guy on the other end of that conversation.

Do you have any typing/writing quirks?

5 comments:

  1. Not only are select letters of my keyboard worn off, but they have lines etched in them from my nails.

    And yes, I'd much rather read than sit, socially awkward at some sort of get together.

    I agree. I pick up books at bookstores just to open and smell them. :)

    When my hubby told me that he had accidentally broken my laptop, I cried. Even though he promised to buy me a new one, it just isn't the same. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I don't want to think about what would happen if I ever lost my laptop....none of my letters have disappeared but they are losing their shine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do enjoy those voices in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't this list great? And so true. My Mother sent it to me (of all people ;) - it's from a T-shirt. Glad you had as much fun with it as I did! XD

    I definitely agree about "smoking" books. Especially when I buy used I always fan through them - I can't stand owning or even reading a smoking book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "N" on my laptop has worn off, but I now use a wireless keyboard. I don't like the sound of my laptop keyboard. I much prefer the sound of a "real" keyboard, so that primarily provoked the switch. Also I use a real keyboard at work, so it saves me having to mentally transition from normal keyboard spacing to laptop keyboard spacing.

    I've awarded you a Versatile Blogger award, Donelle. I know you already have one, but now you have one from me. Congrats! Here's a link to the announcement on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...