Thursday, January 26, 2012

Bounteous Blazing Book Jackets, Batman!

I have an absolutely wonderful problem! Strange way to start a post, I know. But here it is. *draws a breath and blurts* All the books I ordered from the library came in at the same time! (Approximately a dozen books.) Half of these books are on a waiting list, so I have three weeks to read them. The other half I can renew. But, man! I have two bags of books I've been drooling over all to myself for 3-6 weeks!

The left-hand pile of books has to go back in three weeks. Those books include Catching Fire, The Scorpio Races, The Night Circus, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, and The Forest of Hands and Teeth.

The right-hand pile I can keep longer and renew. Those books include The Insider's Guide to Getting an Agent, Well-Witched, Prophecy of the Sisters, Witches Abroad, and Fly Trap.

(the cat sniffing the books is Squirrel, my little curious tabby)

It's like Christmas! There's at least one Terry Pratchett in there, and Fly Trap is the continued adventures of Miss Mosca Mye and her homicidal goose, Saracen. Not to mention, Well-Witched is another book by Mosca's author Frances Hardinge who I'm really beginning to like.

So, while I'm going to have to read pretty much non-stop (when I'm not working) for three weeks, it's the best problem I've had in a long time! If you could die from too many books, then I would die happy! I walked out of the library, carrying my heavy bags and trying not to grin like an idiot. It was a great rainy-day treat.

What's your library haul this week? Or what books are you reading? Do you have a similar wonderful problem?

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I definitely do. I have the entire Hunger Games trilogy lined up on my desk right now, and they're all in hardback. *drool* Makes me want to read them, even though I already know what happens.

    Oh!--And Graceling. I'm only like a 1/4 of the way through that one, but it's pretty, too!

    SO MANY BOOKS. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graceling! I want to read that one too! I'm working my way through the Hunger Games trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO funny you posted this! I have the same non-problem! 4 writing magazines, and three books came at the same time. The books are Nightshade by Andrea Cremer, Perfect Chemistry by Simone Ekeles, and Reign Or Shine by Michelle Rowan. So, I've read Reign Or Shine and now I'm working on Nightshade, which is fabulous by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you know how I feel almost every week! It's an overwhelming yet amazing state of being. Now to decide which comes first - choices, choices...

    I actually just picked up The Unwanteds today - a special trip because I needed something different.

    Happy reading! XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, I love those non-problems. And sounds like you've found some books you really love!

    Skye, and I thought of you when I typed this post too. I don't do a regular library haul spot, but yours is great. I also don't usually read this many books in this short amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't check books out from the library, because I forget to return them, and then I have to pay a hefty fine. So ... I use that as a reason to justify purchasing books. Then, I can simply read at my pleasure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Psst, Margo! Find out if your library puts late fees on children's books. If they're like mine and they don't, you can read YA without a fine!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...