Friday, January 27, 2012

Open for Banner Commissions!

So, I've been holding off on this announcement for awhile, but today I feel I can finally reveal it. I've been working on a blog banner for Karina Fabian from Fabianspace, and I'm proud to finally be able to show it to you. This is the draft before the final edit, and once she has it up on her own blog, I'll post the banner after its final edit. (The edit is small, so this is pretty close to how the banner will actually look on her blog.) Pardon the ugly preview ribbon.

Click to see the actual size of the banner which is 1000 x 200 and 77.1KB

Karina commissioned a custom banner, with various elements from her writing. My custom banners start with either a stock photo or digital background and I add illustrated elements. Hers are a spaceship, dragon, zombie and catholic item (which ended up being a rosary). I thought it would be interesting to have all these things floating in space, since her writing is sci-fi and fantasy. I referenced covers of her books for most of these. 

The main title font in her banner is one I downloaded and customized for her. I'm careful to use fonts and stock photos that are royalty-free. I work mainly digitally in Photoschop CS5 on a Wacom tablet, but I can also work traditionally with pen and ink, colored pencils, and watercolor.

My custom banners range in price from $70-$90, depending how much detail and time is put into them. Karina's was $70. A banner with a finely-detailed character portrait, or a digitally-painted landscape would run $80-$90. These can be any size, but I recommend larger ones like Karina's so that I can get more detail in, and you can get more for your money.

If you're interested in a custom banner from me, send an email to donellelacy@gmail.com with "banner commission" in the subject. I believe in lots of communication, and working closely with clients to understand their vision and produce something that will blow them away. (I also have a lot of fun in the process.)

1 comment:

  1. That looks wonderful Donelle! I'll have to keep you in mind for future projects!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...