Thursday, March 8, 2012

Lucky 7 Meme from Chessie

I was tagged by Francesca Zappia for the Lucky 7 Meme, which is pretty fun since it lets me give you a peek of seven lines in my wonderful novel A Shadow Story (currently querying). 

The rules for the meme are:
1. Go to page 77 of your current MS
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next seven lines as they're written--no cheating!
4. Tag 7 other writers
5. Let them know

So here goes! The 77th page of my book, 7th line and the 7 lines after it. Mine's a bit vague unless you already know the scene that's taking place, but that's why they call it a teaser!

He turned away from her and headed for the door in a long stride. 
“I will try to maintain until then,” she continued, tilting her chin in his direction, but he had already gone. After he had left, she sank like a defeated wish into her rocking chair by the window. 
“Oh, Lividia,” she murmured with her fingers to her forehead, glancing up. 
Sitting in her corner of the room, Lividia swore that she was looking at her. 
“I’d hoped you would never have to see this.” 

 Now for the tagging!

1. Suze
2. Yael
5. Cara
6. Rachel


So curious to see those seven lines!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Powerful last line there!

    *eyes MS* Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, but especially the last bit :) I'm definitely intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea. It leaves us wanting to know more and what is going on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I can't! Page 77 is too spoiler-y.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! This was such a fun meme!

    Rachel, not quite ghost, but telling you would be a spoiler.

    *goes to read everyone else's*

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...