Monday, March 5, 2012

Tornado Survival 101

You might have heard on the news of the devastating storms that swept through the Midwest on Friday, destroying homes and tearing up property. Some places were completely wiped out, and a lot of people suffered or sat huddled and afraid, waiting for the tornado to pass over.

Southwestern Ohio Counties
For my family and loved ones, it did. I live in Southern Ohio, in Adams County, where a couple of the major storms passed through. We were sandwiched between two storm paths - one north and one south of us, and we were unscathed. It's all thanks to God. My family's a big believer in prayer and we knew we'd make it out okay. I wasn't even going to leave the house but for my sister insisting we all stay together until it was over.

Our town sits on a hill and you'd think that'd be an excellent target for tornadoes, but most of the time they touch down outside of town, wrecking barns and things. We got rain and mad hail, tree branches and lawn furniture lying about when it was over, but we're fine.

I hope everyone else made it comfortably through the weekend, and for those who were caught in the storms, my prayers go out to you.

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're safe. I've been reading about the tornado on the BBC. So terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes--a lot of people were affected by those storms. So glad to hear you and your family made it through relatively unscathed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow glad you guys were missed. I have family and spent most of my summers in Ohio, up north near Toledo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness for that! Glad to hear you guys are safe :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's a scary feeling to be huddled in that hallway or basement hearing the weather beating on the house. Glad you made it safely through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am thankful you and yours were safe. Thanks for letting us all know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! It's pretty comfortable where I live aside from the occasional tornado.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...