Friday, April 27, 2012

Good Fridays - Let's Clean House!

As I work with improving my blog schedule, I thought I'd resurrect Good Fridays. It's my end-of-week blog spotlight of something good that I've either accomplished or discovered. Anybody can have a Good Friday item, even if it's just that the work week is over! 

computerclipart.com
Today mine is cleaning house. Bear with me. I don't like housework. It's something I do because it's necessary (especially after neglecting it in favor of other things). But cleaning house leaves you with a sense of accomplishment. It's something you can set your eyes on and say "I did that! And look how nice it looks!"

This is really good for writers and artists because sometimes we chase our tails around an idea, only to end up scrapping the whole thing later. Then we feel like the hours we spent on it didn't bear any fruit because we have nothing to show for it - except maybe a pile of crumpled papers.

Cleaning house is cathartic. When you get into a cleaning spree, you can lose yourself for awhile and free your mind. This helps jumbled up thoughts get flowing again.

So, what's your Good Fridays item?

2 comments:

  1. Tell me about it! I just did a massive whole-house clean the other day, and I felt like I was soaring I was so happy with myself. There's nothing quite like that feeling of accomplishment and being surrounded by a marked lack of clutter. Don't you agree? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's SO true!!! And now I'm feeling guilty because my Friday plan was to scrub my house! I've been super busy with house shopping (and buying)that my house is looking pretty embarrassing. But you know what I did instead? I drank coffee and sat at the computer. Bad me!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...