Wednesday, April 18, 2012

This Cake is no Lie

I had an amazing birthday celebration this past weekend. I had lemon cake with lemon frosting. My older sis bought me a vintage Gonzo beanbag doll from 1981 that used to be my favorite toy as a child. Younger sis got me coffee-flavored chocolates. Mom did more than I can put down here without embarrassing her. Brother dropped in for a surprise visit. My bro-in-law grilled out. Thursday I'm planning on finally going to see Hunger Games in the theater with both sisters. My family is full of so much win that I can't describe it.

Monday (my real birthday) brought me a job opportunity. And only an hour to fill out and turn in the application. Older sister used her magical skills to keep me from panic-scribbling all over it and I got it in on time - and decipherable. Interviews are later this month and next. Wish me luck!

Tuesday I discovered Strange Chemistry's Open Door 2012. They're accepting submissions of sci-fi and fantasy YA until the end of the month. So, as soon as I get off this blog I'll probably get on that. If you write sci-fi/fantasy YA, you should give it a look.

I have another deadline for the end of the month, and I'm still putting out freelance feelers. So, if I get scarce on this blog (which I likely will) and stop doing blog hops for awhile, this is why. I love this blog, but I don't want to feel obligated to it to the point that I ignore greater responsibilities.

The blog is taking a backseat, and my blogroll is going to have to wait. I'm on the verge of breaking into something - whether it's the new job or something bigger - and I'll let you all know when I do. I appreciate all your support and I thank you ahead of time for any comments you leave. I really do love when you leave them!

So, stay tuned for sporadic postings, and really really good news.


1 comment:

  1. Wow well happy belated birthday! Sounds like you have one great family. Lots of things going great and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that they all work out. Cheers on Hunger Games too! Yeah sometimes even when we love our blogs they have to fall to the side to do things real life needs more. We understand.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...