Sunday, April 1, 2012

What's Your Good News?

Good news, everyone!
If fantasizing is wrong, I don't wanna be right. We've all had a tough road, whether we're trying to publish or just starting out. If you could have any good news right now, what would it be? If the phone rang or you checked your inbox, what would you love to hear or read right now?

I could really use good news. It feels like an uphill struggle and I need stability. My day job isn't doing it, my writing isn't doing it. I can count on my family, but I need something more. I need to move, to make something happen. Something big is about to give in my life and I feel it coming. I just don't know what it is.

What I'd like to hear right now is that an agent loves my book - loves it for the fact it's story-driven, it's soaked with voice and tone, and it's about a teen who doesn't act her age. I want them to say they love the illustrations, they love the point of view, and they love that it's the start of a series so big I can't imagine what the end will be yet. I want them to say they believe in it and they want to represent me, so that it won't be just me and my book against the publishing world anymore.

What I'd also like to hear is that someone wants to hire me for skills I already have, not skills I have to acquire, and pay me what I'm really worth. That's what I want to hear right now.

What about you?

2 comments:

  1. Though my book isn't out just yet, I'd like to see that a popular/prominent reviewer has given my book a great review (thus spurring others to check it out). Here's hoping your good news comes to pass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post idea! I agree, this publishing journey feels very up hill.

    I'd love for two pieces of good news at this very moment.

    1) We put an offer on a house this morning, but we know it's not the only offer. So, I'd like to get a call from my Realtor saying that they accepted our offer. Then I'd like the inspection guy to give the house a passing grade.

    2) I have had a number of queries out for over a month with no reply. Others are getting dangerously close to a month. So, I'd like for an agent to email me requesting a full and then love it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...