Friday, May 18, 2012

Good Fridays - Three Great Things

Good Fridays is my platform to share a good thing from the week. And this Friday I have more than one good thing.

First off, a wonderful lady by the name of Alyson Larrabee said she showed her middle-school English class my blog (particularly my Dance Mix for Rejection and my review of Daughter of Smoke and Bone) and they loved it! I don't think she or her class realize how happy this makes me. So I'd like to thank her class for the compliments and for reading my blog. Thanks, Mrs. Larrabee's class! You rock!

Second, my friend from the 238 Group on Facebook, Andrea Berthot has signed with an agent! She and I were entrants in the Writers Voice contest. Neither of us got picked by the judges, but for different reasons. Andrea received an offer of rep that prevented her from participating. (Best reason to drop out of a contest ever!) Congrats again, Andrea! You can read her story here.

Third, I got a phone call today asking me to come in next week to test for the library job I've wanted! I'm a little nervous (how hard is this test going to be?), but I'm excited! I've been bothering those poor ladies for a very long time. Working at my local library in Summer should be lots of fun, with the programs they have for kids, the reading contests and events.

So there are my three great things. Time to party!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the job! It's so awesome to make money by doing stuff you love!

    Also, congratulations on the class-ful of readers. As we all know, it's important to convert them young. *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing my news! You are a wonderful writer friend! That is SO AWESOME about the middle school class too - and good luck with you test - what an awesome job that would be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool the class likes your blog. And hope you get the job.
    The singing slugs from Flushed Away are just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for all the good news!!!

    Have a great weekend ^_^

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...