Friday, June 29, 2012

Good Fridays: Day Off and Writing

I have a day off, yaaaaaay! I've been enjoying my library job like a beaver enjoys gnawing through a very thick cedar. It's a lot of work, but it utilizes my natural skills and it's well worth the effort. I've also found that this new job makes me completely exhausted physically, but is so good for my soul that I get a mysterious energy from it. It's the joy of finding purpose, and making a difference to others.

That said, I'm more than ready for a day off. My day off tasks include catching up with all the social media I missed or neglected during the workweek, doing any chores or shopping, making time for pc games I don't usually get to play, and (of course) writing. That seems like the hardest to get done.

I don't know about you, but I let myself get daunted by my own grand ideas. I have envisioned a scene so well sometimes that I worry I won't do it justice when I try to put it to words. This makes me afraid to even start writing. Fear of failure, I guess.

I've heard that the best remedy for fear of failure is to just do it. Whatever it is you're so afraid to do. Being a card-carrying procrastinator, I need to hammer that point home harder than most people. (I will do it today, or die trying!)

What do you struggle with before writing? And how do you finally win?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...