Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Not So Little Dream

In roughly a week and a half my work schedule will be stable and I can blog regularly again. But until then I thought I'd share a little dream of mine with you.

See this magazine? --->

It's Spectrum: The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art

I hope to be in it (before I'm 35).

Spectrum is a juried art contest that gets printed and published as a magazine. Only the best of the best in contemporary fantasy and science fiction (and strange, unusual, and ethereal) art get in. We're talking names like Frank Frazetta, Gerald Brom and Michael Whelan.

I've gazed at this magazine's glossy pages and admired the art that's been selected since I was young and the dream was always a hazy thing. Now I've decided I want to make it a reality.

The artists for this year's edition of Spectrum have already been selected, so I have at least  six months before I can submit for the next issue. In that time, I'm going to polish my skills to a high shine and see if I can produce something worthy of a place in Spectrum. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Spectrum's cover is haunting! Stop by my blog when you get the chance. There's a few things waiting for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...