Wednesday, July 25, 2012

RTW: Reincarnation or Regeneration?

I haven't participated in Roadtrip Wednesday in a long time, but I happened to catch the prompt today and I just had to get on board. Being a former roleplay junkie, this question is something I've thought about more than once. When I was a kid I made believe I was other people all the time. Now I write about other people and go along for the ride.

This week's prompt: If you could be reincarnated as any fictional character, which would it be?

(Hold on to your hats folks!) If I could be any fictional character (tv and movies included) why not be a legend?

And so:

 The Doctor

Why not?

Sure, there's the perpetual loneliness, the incredible weight of responsibility, eventually losing those you love. But there's also the travel, the companions, other races you get to meet, and the sheer uncanny ability to always come out on top. He's a protector, I'm a protector. People don't question him (if they know what's good for them). He's larger than life and just the mention of his name sets villains trembling in their metal boots (kind of like Batman).

Now, if I had to choose a character who wasn't quite as renowned, I'd either choose Lydia Deetz (from the cartoon Beetlejuice) or Tiffany Aching from Terry Pratchett's Tiffany Aching series. Lydia because she has the most amazing imaginary friend ever, and Tiffany because she's a powerful witch with a good head on her shoulders. I absolutely love Tiffany. The fact a troupe of feegles follows her around doesn't hurt either.

 
Who would you choose?

14 comments:

  1. My friend, you always surprise me.
    Fun choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost said I wanted to be Rose because she does get to be with the Doctor. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to sit down and watch some Doctor Who (or so I keep being told). I like your choices. They're different than all of the others I've been reading today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best Doctor/Assistant team EVER right there ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAAA Doctor Who! I'd love to be River Song. Or Sarah Jane. :-) Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doctor Who is great! And I love that you are not afraid to change gender in a future life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know that I would want to be the Doctor. He's a legend, and his is such a huge burden, I don't know that my shoulders are big enough for that. I would definitely be a Jamie McCrimmon, or an Ian Chesterton. I don't know that I'd want to be an Adric or a Turlough, though. And there haven't been any male companions in the new series I would want to be. Rory comes close, but I couldn't be married to Amy. Sorry--not my favorite female companion. :)

    Great choice, though, Donelle!

    Jaime: YES. You DO! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Doctor!! That's so clever! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought of Donna Noble from Doctor Who, but like I said in my blog post--Very Bad Things happen to her and I'm not sure I'm ready to sign up for that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great reasoning and great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your choice! How wild would it be to be the Doctor, if only for a day or two. Biggest plus? Having the TARDIS. O.O

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choices - I wish I had thought to look at characters on screen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm...I think the chick from "Drop Dead Fred" might give Lydia a run for her money on that front.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...