Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday Already?

I'm very glad it's Friday. Somehow all this week I haven't managed to catch up on sleep. So now it's a little after 8pm and I'm exhausted. Sleep debt is no joke, people.


This is a Good Fridays post, though it might be disguised as an update. It can be that too. I had a big fat Monday update planned but I ended up losing interest. I blame the weather.




Since Good Fridays posts are all about something good, I'll tell you something that hasn't happened yet, but has still made my week brighter. My job is fluctuating and talk is going around that things could get better than they already are. More hours, different positions opening - pretty exciting stuff!

Also, working at the library has given me great opportunities to use what I know to help the patrons. This means recommending books to kids and teens, helping other writers find resources, and giving technical assistance to the elderly. One of my favorite parts of my job is working circulation desk to answer people's questions and help them find the books and movies they're looking for. It's so awesome that I'm thankful every time I drive to work. I'm the custodian of all these books and I get to lurk among their shelves and offer them to people to take home! - I'll feel that even more when I'm finally handing my own book across the desk to people to check out. 

What I've been reading lately (if you don't follow me on Goodreads): Terry Pratchett's Bromeliad Trilogy. What I'm about to read: Veronica Roth's Insurgent. What I just finished reading: Cornelia Funke's The Thief Lord. I love Pratchett. Veronica has a pace and style similar to Hunger Games, but I still think her concept sets her apart. I plan to read more by Cornelia soon. Probably Reckless.

A few I plan on reading are: Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross, Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr, and The Witch's Boy by Michael Gruber. If you've read any of them and would like to give me your opinions, I'd love to hear it.

The last movies I watched: Marvel's The Avengers (in which Hulk was my favorite), Morning Glory on Netflix, and A Thousand Words with Eddie Murphy. All good movies. All taught me something. One of those was that Hulk bashing Loki into the ground like a ragdoll is a vision of beauty.

What about you? What good things do you have to report this Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...