Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Midnight Inbox Surprises

Must share some awesome news I got around midnight! I've been really down this winter due to rejections, but recently the sun's been peeking out, I've gotten a new fire in my blood, and I've started another round of small revisions to polish my novel. I even sent it out to a new beta reader (a wonderful grad-school friend of mine who's very supportive).

Well, I just finished my pre-beta revisions, my beta has just now gotten to her copy, and when I checked my email I had another surprise. I got a full request!

An agent I queried back in November passed my query on to another agent. The second agent emailed me out of the blue requesting my book! I'm currently on top of the world. Yaaaaay!

Here's proof that you should never give up hope on queries. You never know what can come of them.


8 comments:

  1. Congrats, Donelle! That's awesome news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jaime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so exciting! I'm querying my first as well. Thanks for your comment on my guest post over at Carissa Taylor's blog about YA romance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, good luck to you! I'll have to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...