Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Cake and Brainstorming

Last weekend I added 734 new words to my current WIP, the sequel to A Shadow Story. Writing this story is so much fun, made even better by pantsing it. When I write my MC into a predicament, I take a break and think of a way to write her out of it. It often brings more exciting results than planning the whole thing ahead of time. Of course there will be major plot points I'll have to plan, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I'm just glad that after months of neglecting it, I'm finally working on this story again.

Last night I brainstormed on Skype with a good friend who opened my eyes to so many possibilities with my villain's backstory I hadn't thought of. But that's the point of brainstorming. As she said, when you're too close to your story, sometimes you don't see the most obvious things.

While I was brainstorming I had cake, which greatly enhanced the experience. Is there a snack you munch on when you're brainstorming?

I didn't listen to music, but if I had, it would've been this:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...