Friday, May 3, 2013

Good Fridays: Sketch-A-Week

I've set a goal for myself to do a sketch-a-week to post on the blog and keep myself motivated. However, once I start drawing I have trouble stopping. So my sketch-a-week turned out to be three sketches.




I've seen so many artists on Deviantart draw themselves as racers from the game Sugar Rush in the movie Wreck-It Ralph. So I decided to try it. I came up with Berianne Crumpet, a racer who's polite and sweet as teatime until she gets behind the wheel. Then you'll eat her steam. Her candy theme is based on gingersnaps and cinnamon sticks (with tea). When I color her, I'll post her on the blog. Maybe I should draw her kart too.












After my Sugar-Rush Self, I fulfilled my promise to my SCAD friend to draw our two characters together. Hers is Absenth on the right and mine is Silvan on the left. They have a kind of sibling relationship and I wanted to draw them in a funny situation. I don't know why she decided to wash his hair, but he doesn't look too happy about it.








My sketch session couldn't be complete without drawing Lividia and her Boogeyman. I just love these two, and the more I draw them, the more I love them. This time I tried a new style with Lividia, inspired by Monster High dolls - big head, tiny waist, long legs. She pulls it off, I think.


I'm happy to have succeeded in my sketch-a-week goal. Hopefully I'll be just as motivated next week.

6 comments:

  1. I love that second picture so much! Awesome expressions and what detail! You are so talented :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cool. You are quite the accomplished artist :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these, I wish my drawings where as clean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I had fun with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I like clean, but I also appreciate expressive loose sketches. Those can be really fun.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...