Friday, June 28, 2013

Good Fridays: Life is Short, Celebrate Now Playlist

Do you have a special song you play when something good happens? What about when you need a little push to keep going? If you do, I'd love if you shared it in the comments.

Our society is all about the bigger better deal. Once we accomplish something we don't spend long basking in the light of our accomplishment before we're feverisly tackling the next project. We need to take stock of what we've actually gotten done and give ourselves the pat on the back we deserve, take a moment to drink it all in. We need to celebrate.

 I've been holding onto a song I planned to post on the blog when I got an agent and then a book deal, but I've decided that good things need to be celebrated now. I don't know when I'll get an agent, let alone a book deal, but it's just a matter of time. Imagine Dragons' "On Top of the World" is my song. The lyrics describe so perfectly what I've been going through, and will achieve if I keep going. Hope you enjoy it too.

 Life is short. Celebrate now. And share it.









4 comments:

  1. Oooohhh, such good songs! Totally jamming with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, good things need to be celebrated now and all the time! :) I love Imagine Dragons. My favourite song of theirs is "Demons".

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! glad you're liking them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine Dragons is good stuff. I also like Awolnation who I discovered around the same time.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...