Thursday, June 27, 2013

Hope - I Have It

I have to confess something. I've been kind of hiding from blogger for the past two weeks. I've been going through quite a lot with my MS and plans for my creative future. Gut-wrenching, self-doubting, terrible, horrible, no good, very bad things. Now I finally feel like I'm coming out of the woods, blinking at the sun.

To determine what was wrong with my MS, I put myself through Query Letter Hell (see Absolute Write forum). I picked the brains of family and friends. I dove into happy distractions like movies and games for comfort. I felt horribly sorry for myself. I cried on a few shoulders. And I learned something.

I learned that I need to pull back and stop querying this novel for awhile. It was a hard realization and I feel a little like a runner dropping out of a race. But I have a plan, or at least the vague, hazy start of one.

I'm not going to tell you all my plan in case it flops horribly, but the glimmer of hope is back.

6 comments:

  1. Good to see you blogging again. I hope it all works out for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those moments of doubt are so, so difficult to pull through. I've been there more times than I can count. I hope your new plan works out for you, because I know you've been at this for a while. We're all rooting for you, Donelle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donelle, you messaged me about a week ago on another site. I did not get a chance to reply for a few days but you never logged back on. I didn't want you to think that I had ignored your message. If you want, you can message me through facebook if it will let you, because I was interested. Hope to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Miss Cole! I'm sure that it will. We all through this from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They really are, but I have a great support system. Thanks so much, Jaime! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. good to hear back from you, Jeremy! I have so many sites to check that sometimes one slips by me. I'll definitely get back to you.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...