Monday, July 1, 2013

The Romance That Wasn't

I know you've seen them. Maybe in books, maybe in movies or tv shows - characters who seemed like they'd be perfect together, but their romance was never written. They remained friends or even enemies throughout their story. They'd even be given romances separate from each other, but you were never satisfied by them. Some of you took to writing fanfiction to right the unfortunate wrong. Now, just for fun, I ask you to share them in the comments.

What couple that wasn't would you like to have seen together? They can be film-based or from a book.

My couple is from one of my favorite tv shows growing up. It had very little to do with the movie it was based from and all to do with being wacky, gross, and a little dark.

He was a petulant poltergeist from the Neitherworld who could shapeshift into anything imaginable. She was a spooky goth girl from our world who loved the strange and unusual.


Beetlejuice and Lydia!

What I love most about these two (besides the whole premise of the show) is the friendship which seems to be missing from a lot of YA romances. If I wrote a romance, I'd want it to be as fun, spooky, magical, and loyal as this friendship. And, of course, with that spark and chemistry that makes a romance a romance. 

What about you?


2 comments:

  1. It has ALWAYS bummed me out that Jo and Laurie didn't get together in LITTLE WOMEN. I know they were best friends and Jo didn't love him that way, but it's still so disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean! It's one of those circumstances that didn't turn out the way readers hoped.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...