Thursday, August 1, 2013

What's up Wednesday: So Much is About to Happen!

It seems like it's been much longer than two weeks since I blogged. A lot has been going on and I have a feeling it's only going to get busier.


What I'm Reading: 

Still Ship of Magic by Robin Hobb. I've decided I love the story, so even if the writing still seems too florid in places, I have to keep reading to find out what happens. Also, this book is 700+ pages, which explains why I'm still reading it three weeks later. Adult fantasy - you know I love it!


What I'm Working On:

I've been designing a new illustration website. I'm looking for a good portfolio/gallery builder, since basekit sitebuilder (Hostgator's free sitebuilder besides Weebly) isn't good for that. In fact, it's really horrible for that and you have to build the gallery by hand in a sort of table, making the thumbnails one at a time. Not handy.

I've gotten some great ideas, encouragement, and inspiration from my writer/photographer friend Sara Nam who's redesigning her website. Hers is gorgeous and makes me all kinds of jealous, but it's fitting for a photographer, not an illustrator. For my own site, I've made this:


My new site banner for what I hope will be a site that really represents my style. I'll definitely gush all over this blog when I finally have my new site the way I want it.

What Else I've Been Up To:

I may have some great news soon concerning my library job, but for now I'll just say it's very exciting!

Also, Friday my newest nephew will be born! The whole family is anxious to see him - especially my younger sister who he's turned into a beach ball with legs. He's her first - Jackson Donald.


What Inspires Me Right Now:

Children's books like this one:


Absolutely gorgeous illustrations! With no words, only pictures, so your little ballerina can read it to herself!


What are you up to this week?

1 comment:

  1. So much excitement! Sounds like something brilliant is going to happen at your job and aaaw a baby!



    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...