Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Being Productive When You're Sick

Late with my Insecure Writers post, but I've had a busy month so far. I've been sick, still am sick, but I'm determined to be productive.

I feel like a big cheater with this post. I know the group is for writers, about writing, but all I want to talk about right now is my November Sketch Challenge. This is the first year I've done anything like this, and because it's the first time, I really don't want to let myself down. So, sick or not, I've drawn. In fact, somehow this challenge has pushed me on through the sickness. Even on days that I felt so awful all I wanted to do was stay in bed, I'd rest, and by evening I'd be drawing again.

When I go to work, I look forward to coming home and doing my nightly sketch. During the day, I'm hoping someone has seen the sketches and smiled at them. The idea was a brainstorm of mixed notions that turned out better than I expected. And the social aspect is one of my favorite parts. No one likes to do art (or writing) just to hide it in a corner.

So, my question for this month's post is: How do you handle productivity when you're facing sickness and other obstacles?

3 comments:

  1. Donna B. McNicol [@dbmcnicol]November 6, 2013 at 10:51 PM

    Health has to come first, no question! Other than that, it's hard to find the balance point (work, family, personal passions, etc). Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's so tough, Donelle. It's hard to be productive when you're feeling sick, but I'm glad you've found that doing these sketches each night has given you a lift.


    I wish I had helpful advice, but when I'm sick, I tend to turtle and not do anything but watch movies, sleep and read. :) Thanks for reaching out to me today. You are all kinds of awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck for keeping on top of your November challenge on top of being poorly. I was not well over the summer and found I had very little enthusiasm to do anything, so well done for pushing yourself - don't overdo it though, your health is all important.
    Suzanne @ Suzannes Tribe
    x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...