Monday, February 24, 2014

Sketch-Lock Monday

The past few days I was compelled to do more Sherlock fanart. It started out rough, but the more I drew him, the easier Benedict Cumberbatch's face was to draw. I got a kick out of Moffat saying he's "the thinking woman's crumpet". I would take tea with that!

I love the transformation from surly, arrogant consulting detective to giddy little boy. (In the last one I think he looks like Snape.)

I really like the drawings that include John because the characters have each other to play off of. Theirs is probably my favorite bromance of all time.



I drew the sleeping poses when I was pretty tired myself. It took a few drawings to get the scale between John and Sherlock right, but eventually I did. The sequence of these was just fun.



This set of sketches was on another day in a slightly different style. I hoped to top the sketches I'd drawn before. I don't think I did, but playing with expressions was fun - and I even captured a little Sherlock smolder! 


When I discovered how huge the Sherlock fandom is, I was amazed. This thing is far bigger than I thought. The show gets hold of you like a monster dog and won't let go. Since it's co-written by Steven Moffat, you get jerked around a lot too, but it's worth it.

I was equally surprised by all the pairings (ships) there are in this fandom. I ship canon pretty exclusively (except Doctor/River. I will NEVER ship that). For Sherlock, I go with John/Mary, Sherlock/Irene, though I can never imagine Sherlock married. I still prefer John, Mary, and Sherlock as a set. I love how supportive Mary is of John and Sherlock's friendship.

Here's one of my favorite Sherlock fanvids.


Do you watch Sherlock? How do you feel about it?


2 comments:

  1. Thanks! And yes, it really is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant sketches. I been a fan of Sherlock for quite some time. Fun show to watch.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...