Monday, March 31, 2014

100 Happy Days Premature Start

Come tomorrow I'm doing the 100 Happy Days Challenge alongside Holli Moncrieff. All day I kept thinking the challenge had already started, and you know what? It made me more productive! I thought "What do I want to show the world I've gotten done today?" Feeling millions of eyes on me definitely made me up my game. I donated two large bags of clothing, and then treated myself with ice cream. Then I drew a picture of it... because I thought the challenge had already started. But I'm not sorry!


Part of my happiness challenge will be documenting it with illustrations. That, in itself, is challenging. I'll post them to tumblr this time, as a change of pace, and tweet the links.

Like I said on twitter today, I don't think this challenge is quite aimed at me. When they asked my happiness level before starting the challenge, I put 7, and most days I'm an 8. I'm happy as a constant, and more than content with where my life is headed. But I can always stand to be happier! (Besides, one of the testimonials from people who've completed the challenge was "fell in love during the challenge". I could get on board with that.)

What about you? Up for recording 100 days of happiness?


8 comments:

  1. Awesome start, Donelle! It always feels great to downsize, never mind the ice cream. I'm glad to be friends with such a wonderful, happy soul. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelia Reauchel LewisApril 1, 2014 at 8:27 AM

    That's awesome! I never thought to document every kind thing I do and in some cases can't (helping clients at EH). But you know what? That is very motivating to SEE it. People tend to forget good things they did during the day. Cool beans! Will you explain this challenge someplace for others to participate in some way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful! I think I'll put it on my to-do list for sometime in the future. I can't wait to see what you make of it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, K! I wanted to do it a few months ago when I was on the Novsketch challenge, but I'm glad I'm doing it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some books suggest a compliment jar where you watch the nice things pile up or a gratitude journal, but I agree that a picture speaks a thousand words. Sure! I think I'll talk about it on Facebook too and maybe start posting the links there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, that would have been particularly insane. I can't do it because of the upheaval from accidentally deleting my Tumblr, so I'll have to nag you throughout to see it if it'll be worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks, Holli! I'm glad to be friends with you too. I think the more I get rid of, the better I'll feel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! Bring it on! Sorry you accidentally deleted your tumblr.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...